Saturday 12 October 2013

OUGD504 Design For Print Ideas

After working out my initial ideas there were a few paths that I wanted to go down, one more than others was the idea of a newspaper style informative magazine, something similar in style to the magazines included in The Sunday Times.
I wanted to ensure that I'd maintain a more print and design base with in the magazine so it didn't appear as laden with information as newspapers can, splitting the content between text and image, similar to some of the following examples:









This edition of Paper Magazine is very image and visually based, combining digital collage and photography with simple and varied layouts, which lends itself to an air of formality, and makes the whole publication quite easy reading.


This publication for The Washington Post is much more image based, and while this could be effective for print based publications, the processes do require a lot more information that there may not be room for the text if it's an image base publication.



The covers of this publication are designed to double as posters, and since I wanted to include posters in the package this would be a plausible option. I also think I should consider this use of Times New Roman, as it is a newsprint typeface and would transfer well to newsprint stock.










This german publication has a heavier weighting for text than for image on some pages but does counteract it on other pages. I am also interested by the infusion of colour only one page.

I wanted to keep an illustrative aspect, as one of the areas I wanted to execute more was hand rendered design, particularly typography, and This approach could lend itself to a zine type of newspaper or magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment