Wednesday 6 November 2013

Design For Print Progress Crit

After todays crit, I was advised to rethink my concept, as my intentions for creating a newspaper/magazine weren't relevant enough to the brief. I have been wanting to incorporate a newspaper format into a brief for a while, and this may not be the appropriate context for that format.

The main processes I wanted to involve in my information pack are Screen Printing, Embossing and Foiling, so I decided to go ahead and focus on these processes and their individual considerations.

After deciding to alter the format, I had the idea of creating a selection of individual packs for each process, with considerations, directional instructions and examples included within each.






I'm really interested by the various counterparts that have gone into the construction of this info pack, and has made me consider the elements I want to include in my pack:

- diagrammatic instructional guide through the processes
- what formats this process works for and why you should choose/not choose it for varied formats
- some purely aesthetic examples for inspiration/reference
- a small miscellaneous product, such as a sticker or badge with appropriate slogan




This info pack for Glenside hospital are packs tailored specifically for the doctors and surgeons within the hospital with the information they need as oppose to the visitors. In doing this, it is clear that the information included is of a high level of importance.



I love the construction of the packaging of this example, and is a good representation of information for a design school, as it consciously exhibits design skills in its make up.





Similarly, I find this packaging could be very appropriate to my new concept and would allow for all of the various elements to be packed together determining process.






The construction of this pack allows the packaging to determine it's functionality and act as a guide through the pack. This would be interesting for a print process as they do all have fairly strict guidelines.

Looking at some of these examples of what I consider to be effective and innovative representations of information did put my previous concept into perspective and lead me away from it. I wanted to avoid booklets, but when I decided this is was with the idea that booklets would form the whole pack, however by breaking it down into packs determined by process I can include a lot more with conscious relevance to the one process.

No comments:

Post a Comment