Monday 25 February 2013

A Brief History Of...


Before I had made any decisions based on the content of my publication, I decided to look into actual publication layouts that would help me decide on the layout of my own publication. Similarly, deciding on a layout would factor into what I choose for a target audience and might alter what I want my topic to be.
















I like the different levels to this publication, it seems to build up progressively to something that is justified at the end. The simplicity of the type and it's layout lends itself to the mood of the publication and works very well with the colour scheme.













A very systematic layout, with each page having a focal point, the images don't take away from the text at all.





















I love the idea of using two colours only, and the overlapping text seems to break some of the 'rules' of layout design, but works really well for the subject.




Two separate publications for the same thing (Brighton Toy Museum) using the same styles but even the most subtle of differences change it completely. However these pages could be put together in the same publication and none would look out of place.







Interior Design magazine, it exhibits the images so well, even the overlapping text doesn't stop them from being the focal point.














I live the minimalist approach to some of the layouts in this publication, it works well with the subtle infusion of infographics.




If I chose to do something like a leaflet or poster, this approach would allow me to create some sort of message within the layout and the manner in which it stands.


After looking at some of these layouts I decided I wanted to change my topic to something that would suit a similar layout, perhaps something more post-modernist. Similarly I wanted my content to be represented in the form of a book, as I think it maintains the viewers interest for the longest, and since I plan on having quite extensive and (hopefully) interesting content, I want to be comfortable to read.



No comments:

Post a Comment