Saturday 4 May 2013

A Brief History Of Postmodern Cinema Final and Evaluation

I got my final printed at Hobs Reprographics and despite how I packaged my InDesign document, the typefaces and images were not properly downloaded, resulting in the replacement type being too large and being cut off the edge of the page.
After realising this I sent them a .pdf instead and asked them to print it again since the first one went wrong.







I was pleased with the final outcome, I think the layout really lends itself to the theme. There are still some things I would change, perhaps giving the background text a higher opacity as it printed lighter on paper than it appeared on the screen. However, the group crit contributed highly to the final layout as a I rearranged a lot of the content afterwards. It helped me realised what content was relevant and so I was able to prioritise the text that focused on the postmodern aspects as oppose to just the film.
By putting the irrelevant content as background it set the tone for what was important and different about this publication. Similarly, keeping the colour scheme minimal may appear quite modernist but I think when put into context here, those who have seen the films may recognise the relevance of the colour scheme, when films like Sin City stick to the same idea throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment