Sunday 5 May 2013

OUGD401 Module Evaluation



BA (Hons.) GRAPHIC DESIGN
LEVEL
04
 Module Code 
OUGD401               


 Module Title
Context of Practice 1


END OF MODULE SELF-EVALUATION

NAME
Sarah Butler


1.  What skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?

I have developed skills in contextual research for my own work and have realised the relevance and importance it has, as a result my work has become broader.
I have noticed a change in my writing as I now know where I need to place focus for essays or critical responses to others work.






2. What approaches to/methods of design production have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?

I have started to appreciate the importance of stock and the impact it has on the tone of voice of a design, production and media now have the same importance to me as colour as they are the factors which determine the theme of a design.





3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?

I have developed strengths in identifying the impact of a structural layout in a design, and how this contributes to how followable the design is and how it allows the viewer to retain information. I have realised that it is not about how much you have to say about a topic it is what and how you have to say it.



­­




4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these in the future?

I often find for some topics I have not done enough experimentation or research to ensure that the outcome is the best it can be, and to change this I will designate a certain amount of time to each of these areas in which I do nothing but research/experiment.








5. Identify five things that you will do differently next time and what do you expect to gain from doing these?

1.    Use the library more – the internet is not very reliable.
2.    Spend more time doing research and development so that I don’t pass by an idea that could benefit the design the most.
3.    Take notes in ALL COP sessions so that I have it to reference in the future.
4.    Designate time myself to different aspects of design development in order to ensure I have utilised all the time I have.
5.    Take full advantage of the crits and ask questions about my own work – you don’t often get the chance outside of crits.


6.How would you grade yourself on the following areas:
(please indicate using an ‘x’) 

5= excellent, 4 = very good, 3 = good, 2 = average, 1 = poor

1
2
3
4
5
Attendance


x


Punctuality

x



Motivation

x



Commitment

x



Quantity of work produced


x


Quality of work produced


x


Contribution to the group


x


The evaluation of your work is an important part of the assessment criteria and represents a percentage of the overall grade. It is essential that you give yourself enough time to complete your written evaluation fully and with appropriate depth and level of self-reflection. If you have any questions relating to the self evaluation process speak to a member of staff as soon as possible.


No comments:

Post a Comment