Wednesday 10 December 2014

COP3 Practical

I initially decided to create a booklet, that exhibited some of the adverts I had looked at in my research and design gender neutral alternatives. I chose a selection of advertisements to show how varied the sexualised products are, from ice cream to beer, all of these ads have used sex to sell. I wanted to ensure they were playful and non threatening, in some cases perhaps pointing out the obscurity of associating food with sex.

I have started to create the short A5 booklet to accompany the posters to be made out of the images I create as alternatives:












I decided to keep the layout consistent throughout as I wanted the image on the right page to be the main focus of the spread.

















Before I had managed to finish, I began to rethink the concept of the booklet, as I felt that the synthesis with the written essay was not clear, and that there wasn't a totally direct link between the two.

I did not want the reader to have to search for the connection, I wanted it to be clear from the off set. After realising this I decided to start again, still creating a booklet and series of posters but creating a direct link between them and the essay.


No comments:

Post a Comment